Hot Peppers Caused Hazmat Scare At CO School

(Jefferson County, CO) -- Extremely hot Habanero peppers are being blamed for the hazmat scare at a Colorado school yesterday. Thirty students and an aide had to be decontaminated after being exposed to six peppers scattered in wood chips at the school's playground. The Jefferson County school district says the oil in the pepper would cause the symptoms that the students experienced. The school will reopen tomorrow after an environmental services team investigated the area and gave it the all clear. It's not known how the peppers got on the playground.