Democratic Lawmaker: Obama Admin Kept Child Migrant Crisis ‘Very Quiet’

Carbonatix Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Carbonatix

While many Democrats continue to slam the Trump administration for separating illegal immigrant children from their parents, Democratic Rep. Henry Cuellar claimed the Obama administration tried to cover up the number of unaccompanied minors crossing the southern border.

Breitbart reports in a Saturday interview on CNN, Cuellar said there were large numbers of people coming in and “The Obama administration was trying to keep this quiet.”

According to data from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency, nearly 70,000 unaccompanied minors crossed the southern border in fiscal year 2014.

DHS said Friday that nearly 2,000 children had been separated from their guardians in the past six weeks.

Cuellar suggested that some adults are not legal guardians of the children they carry over the border and are taking advantage of the separation policy.

Corrie O'Connor

 

Salem News Channel Today

Sponsored Links

On Air & Up Next

  • The Restaurant Show
    10:00AM - 1:00PM
     
    On The Restaurant Show we strive to get you out and about – trying new   >>
     
  • Your Real Estate Voice Radio Show with Barb Schlinker
     
    Tune in to Your Real Estate Voice Radio Show with Barb Schlinker, your trusted   >>
     
  • AUTOMOTIVE ADHD with Matt West.
     
    "This is where poor financial decisions are not only welcomed but embraced.   >>
     
  • In Touch Ministries
    3:00PM - 3:30PM
     
    In Touch Ministries is the teaching ministry of Dr. Charles Stanley and is   >>
     
  • The Voice of Mesa
    3:30PM - 4:00PM
     
    Discover a refreshing blend of community insight, local spotlights, and   >>
     

See the Full Program Guide